Last updated January 27, 2014
What are cookies?
A cookie is a simple text file that is stored on your computer or mobile device by a website’s server and only that server will be able to retrieve or read the contents of that cookie. Each cookie is unique to your web browser. It will contain some anonymous information such as a unique identifier and the site name and some digits and numbers. It allows a website to remember things like your preferences or what’s in your shopping basket. That can make your next visit easier and the site more useful to you. Cookies play an important role. Without them, using the web would be a much more frustrating experience.
Types of cookies dwillo uses
We use different types of cookie to run the dwillo site. Some or all of the cookies identified below may be stored in your browser. If you choose to you can prevent some or all of these cookies from being set, however if you do this then it may impact your experience of the site and the services we are able to offer.
Dwillo uses two types of cookies, persistent and session:
- A persistent cookie is set once you’ve logged in to your dwillo account. The next time you visit the dwillo site using the same device, the persistent cookie will enable us to recognize you as an existing user, so you may not need to log in before using our services.
- A session cookie is used to identify a particular visit to the dwillo site. Session cookies expire after a short time, or when you close your web browser.
Other technology, such as Adobe Flash, may be used to place the functional equivalent of a cookie on your computer.
When does dwillo put cookies on my device?
Cookies may be set by dwillo when you visit dwillo.com, or they may be set by other sites or services who run content on the page you’re viewing (known as third-party cookies).
What are cookies used for?
Internet cookies are common and do not harm your system - they just store or gather site information. They help you do things online, like remembering login details so you don't have to re-enter them when revisiting a site. Cookies also make your interactions with dwillo more secure, faster, and help us ensure that your dwillo experience is personalized to you and in line with your settings.
- Preferences, features and services – These cookies allow our site to remember information that changes the way that the site behaves or looks, such as your preferred language or what your communications preferences are.
- Security – We use security cookies to authenticate users, prevent fraudulent use of login credentials and protect user data from unauthorized parties.
- Processes - Process cookies help make the site work and deliver services that the site visitor expects, like navigating around web pages or accessing secure areas of the site. Without these cookies, the site cannot function properly and therefore they are strictly necessary cookies.
- Performance – These cookies allow us to understand how visitors use our site, so we can measure and improve how the site works. For example they help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and whether users get error messages from certain pages. They count things like the number of visitors, how long people spend on the site and how they find it. This lets us know where we are doing well, and where we can improve, as well as making sure the pages load quickly and display properly.
We use Google Analytics to provide this service, which uses a set of cookies to collect information and report website usage statistics. The data collected is not shared with any other party. The information obtained with these cookies is anonymous and we make no attempt to use it to identify individual visitors, or influence your experience of the site while you are visiting it. If you do not allow these cookies we will not be able to include your visit in our statistics.
- Advertising – These cookies are used to deliver adverts that are relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as help measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaign.
They are placed by our advertising network partners and help to support our investment in the site. They may also be used to show you relevant advertisements on other websites you visit.
Opting out of cookies
Please note that if you set your browser to disable cookies, you may not be able to access secure areas of this site. Limiting the ability of websites to set cookies may worsen your overall user experience.
- dwillo BV
- Schiekade 105
- 3033BH Rotterdam
- Or Email: Info@dwillo.com